Growing in Importance
Nueces River Authority (NRA) was created by the Texas legislature in 1935. Unlike typical government agencies, NRA does not tax, issue permits, or regulate. We receive no state or federal tax or appropriations revenue. Our income is mainly from contracted services.
We have broad authority to:
- preserve, protect, and develop water resources;
- provide for flood control, irrigation, and navigation;
- develop parks and recreational facilities;
- finance water supply, water treatment, and pollution control projects;
- receive state and federal grants and loans.
Working to Make a Difference
NRA will pursue its statutory responsibilities hoping that years from now:
- future generations will continue to value and access the basin's pristine Hill Country streams;
- brush-country wildlife will continue to prosper, unthreatened by hazardous waste;
- biologically rich bays and estuaries will continue to thrive;
- citizens will continue to have and appreciate adequate supplies of clean water;
- NRA will be instrumental in making it happen.
Updated: 2/3/15 1:41:24 pm. ©2018 (NRA) ** All rights reserved.